Normative Documents and Patents
Normative Documents and Patents is a new subdivision of the Library, founded on 1st January 2009 after the reorganisation of Šiauliai Department of the Lithuanian Technical Library and merging it with Šiauliai University Library.
The collection consists of the following:
• Normative documents (over 2,500 items) – standards (LST, LST EN, LST EN ISO, LST ISO, GOST), technical regulations for construction/building (STR), environment protection normative documentation (LAND), rules, recommendations, norms of hygiene, etc.;
• Patent description (over 3,0134 items) and other publications on the issues of industrial ownership (inventions, trade marks, design).
In this reading room, readers will find collections of technical blueprints and drawings, books on maintenance and repair of sound, video equipment and cars (according to the model).
• Delivery of books to be read in the Reading Room with an opportunity to photocopy parts of them.
• Search for normative and patent documentation at readers’ request.
• Consultancy re search of normative documentation and patents, trade marks and design in the Library collections, internet data bases and electronic files.
• Counselling on the issues of the protection of industrial ownership.
Vida Vertelienė, Senior Librarian
Main Library, 2-nd floor, Room 214
Tel. (8 41) 595 758