The collection consists of 4,000 recordings in various files: vinil records, tapes, audio and video cassettes and CDs.
The Media Room has 8 workplaces meant for the individual listening to music with earphones and work with music sheet editing – the Sibelius program.
The follwing services are provided:
• search for sound and video recordings on the Internet, on CDs, data bases, etc. acccording to the readers’ request
• preparation of additional musical materials for the lecturers of the Faculty of Arts
• viewing the video recordings
• an opportunity to watch films and TV programs individually or in a group;
• recording and viewing TV programs
• writing parts of pieces of music onto cassettes or CDs acccording to the readers’ request (fee based service)
• Reviewing and listening to the pieces of music in the Media Room collection in Šiauliai University intranet at the address: http://lib-fonoteka.siena.su.lt
• Rewriting audio and video cassettes (fee based service)
• Editing digital audio recordings (fee based service)
• The users of the Media Room are entitled to listen to the recordings and view videos only in the library.
Home-held requests are not attended to.
Vladimir Jakuš, Senior Librarian
Main Library, Media Room ( 3-nd floor, Rooms 307–308)
Tel. +370 41 393059